Ackergill Tower Castle Hotel, Wick, Caithness, Scotland
In the 15th century, the castle was owned by the Keith family who were in a feud with the Gunn family. After several murders and revenge murders on either side, Helen Gunn was abducted by a member of the Keith family for her beauty. She either jumped or fell from the tower at the castle trying to escape. She’s now seen either as a green lady, or as a lady in a long red ball gown with tall black hair.
Ackergill Tower prides itself on being able to do whatever it can for its guests – so you can enjoy your diner in the dining room, or they could prepare a picnic for you to enjoy overlooking the sea. Their food is all prepared using local, fresh ingredients and is made to order – homemade liquors are also available. Guests can also enjoy over 50 action-packed activities in the grounds of Ackergill Tower, so you’ll never be short of things to do.
There are also numerous function rooms, including a room called The Tree House, which is set amongst 150 year old sycamore trees. Staff at Ackergill will do their very best to give you everything you need and will look after you as much as you need them to. If you’re looking for a hotel that will amaze and inspire you – and that will leave you feeling totally refreshed and looked after, Ackergill Tower is definitely the place to stay.
- Exclusive use or normal use
- Choice of accommodation
- Fantastic food
- Close to the sea and to the countryside – Keepers Cottage is just 6 metres from the sea
- 50 activities
- Hot drink facilities
- Huge choice of wines, ales and liquors
- Facilities for the whole family
- Function rooms
- Meeting rooms
- Wedding license
- Private parties
- Free Wi-Fi
- Slippers in room
- Free pick up from airport
There is plenty to do at Ackergill Tower, but if you fancy going a little further afield, John O Groats is just 17 miles away. Ackergill is also ideally located to explore some of the stunning countryside of Scotland. At Ackergill itself, archery, beach bonfires, cycling, clay pigeon shooting, golf, game stalking, deer stalking, fishing, deep sea fishing, falconry, horse riding, walking and yoga are just some of the activities available.
- Standard single room available from £125 per night, based on one person staying in the room
- Superior single room available from £175 per night, based on one person staying in the room
- Deluxe double room available from £200 per night, based on two people staying in the room
- Apartment room sleeping 4 available from £225 per night
- Apartment room sleeping 8 available from £300 per night
Standard accommodation room rate includes breakfast and dinner. Self-catering rate includes a welcome hamper, dinner and breakfast not included. Many different types of room are available, including exclusive use, along with many different room rates – contact the hotel directly for more information.