Ghost Hunts at Nanteos Mansion
Join Haunted Rooms for a thrilling night of ghost hunting at one of Wales’s Most Historic and Haunted Places!
Located miles away from any signs of life, down a long, winding, dark road surrounded by a menacing wood, you’d struggle to find a better setting for an evening of ghost hunting than Nanteos.
Built in 1739 by William Powell, it was a family home for over 250 years, though it’s believed another dwelling stood on the site going back to the 1500s and possibly earlier, called Neuadd Llawdden.
Evidence of this can be seen in the large dark cellar, where you’ll see its thick walls, two windows and a large entrance door. This area holds many dark secrets, without a doubt. Legend says the remains of seven monks are buried here after they came to Nanteos seeking refuge following the dissolution of the monasteries by King Henry VIII in 1539.
Before fleeing the nearby Cistercian Strata Florida Abbey, the monks saved a sacred relic, now known as the Nanteos Cup, which is reputed to be the Holy Grail.
Many spirits are said to haunt this impressive building and its vast grounds. In the woods, Gruffydd Evans, a harpist who entertained the gentry at Nanteos for almost 70 years, is believed to haunt. People say you can hear his harp playing in the distance if you listen carefully.
Another of the famous ghosts that haunt Nanteos is the so-called ‘Jewel Lady’. Believed to be the ghost of Elizabeth Powell, she died in the house after suffering from a long illness. She gets her name because she craved jewels, and her loving husband built quite the collection for her.
Before she died, she rose from her deathbed to hide the jewels and is still searching the corridors for them. To this day, her apparition wearing a long flowing dress can be seen searching in the dead of night.
Perhaps the most terrifying of all the reports is the mysterious figure of a woman seen mainly in the Pink Room and on the staircase. One member of staff staying in this room in the 1800s awoke in the middle of the night to see a woman’s face peering over her bed. The Powell family had seen the same mysterious figure numerous times, walking down the staircase holding a candlestick. Her appearance was thought to foreshadow an imminent death.
Spots will fill up quickly for this one, so hurry and book now!
Deposits are available for just £50 per person.
For just £189 per person, you will enjoy the following:
- Welcome glass of sparkling wine,
- Exclusive access, together with Haunted Rooms of this grand hotel,
- Delicious 2-course dinner (using finest local ingredients),
- Entire Night Investigating with a Haunted Rooms Team member,
- Group Vigils, including table tipping, Séance, and more,
- Luxuriously appointed Room (Based on two sharing),
- Cooked Breakfast,
- Use of paranormal equipment,
- Snacks and refreshments,
- Access all hotel amenities, including a bar, snooker room, and more.
- From 3 PM – Check in with the hotel and enjoy a welcome glass of sparkling wine – our team will be there from approx 6 PM only,
- 7:00 PM – 2-course dinner is served,
- 8:30 PM – Check-in with Haunted Rooms,
- 9:00 PM – Your ghost hunt begins,
- 2:00 AM – Your ghost hunt ends, and you can retire to your room,
- 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM – Breakfast,
- 11:00 AM – Check out.