No products in the basket.
Want to Investigate the UK's Most Haunted locations?
Join other members of the public and have the experience of your lives with a ghost hunt! Locations available near you!
History And Haunting of Whittington Castle
A castle steeped in history of myths, legends, death and war. There are numerous accounts of paranormal activity and ghostly sightings which makes Whittington Castle one location we love to investigate.
There are reports of a dark hooded figure who stands under the main gateway, the ghost of a blacksmith is seen walking the ruins as well as accounts of the faces of ghostly children who are regularly seen looking out of the upstairs windows. There are areas of this castle which even the staff refuse to enter in the day light. Will you be brave enough to spend time alone in these areas in the dead of night?
The castle has changed appearance many times over the centuries since it was built. One of these changes being the 16th century Elizabethan dwelling attached to the northern outer bailey gate tower. The tower keep was built in the 12th century, however was later modified. The outer gatehouse was built by Sir Fulk Fitzwarine in the early 13th century and his coat of arms can be seen above the archway.
During the civil war the castle was loyal to the Royalists until Oliver Cromwell’s Roundheads took the castle by force in 1643 at the time of Queen Mary II. Ownership of the castle was granted to Fitz-Alan, Earl of Arundel. Later the castle was sold to Francis William Albany Esq. A London Merchant who’s manor and estate was Fernhill.
There are countless reports of footsteps, banging and tapping noises, children’s sounds, books moving and people being touched or pulled.
We dare you to join us for a night of terror at this truly haunted location.
* Work in smaller and more personal groups
* Take part in a variety of activities such as Glass Divination, Table Tipping, Seances etc.
* Access to ghost hunting equipment such as K-II meters, EDI+ meters, Ghost Meters, Trigger Objects etc.
* Opportunities to conduct lone vigils
* A friendly and experienced team of investigators offering advice and support throughout the night
* Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night and included in the cost
* Access to all areas of the hall made available to us
* Qualified first aider present