No products in the basket.
History and Haunting
The School was built by Herbert Strutt and opened in 1909. The school cost around £20,000 to build and a few years after opening it was decided an extension was needed which cost a further £10,000.
The school was split in two half’s one for boys and one for girls and followed two very different curriculum’s, with the boys studying wood work, sports, sciences etc. and the girls attending domestic science lesson.
During world war II about 200 boys from nearby Westcliff high school were found homes in Belper and shared the school with the local children meaning Westcliff went to school in the morning and Belper pupils in the afternoon.
The school finally closed its doors in 2007 and has remained empty since.
Visitors have reported icy cold areas the sounds of children’s screams, laughter and shouting as well as being touched. Other visitors have reported the sounds of doors slamming closed desks moving of their own accord, the sound of people running down the corridors and even full bodied apparitions.
- Work in smaller and more personal groups
- Take part in a variety of activities such as Ouija boards, table tipping, glass divination, seances and more
- Access to ghost hunting equipment such as K-II, trigger objects, EDI meter, ghost meters
- Opportunities to conduct lone vigils for those feeling brave
- A very friendly and experienced team of investigators providing help and advice throughout the night
- Hot and cold drinks and light snacks provided throughout the night and included in the cost
- Access to all areas of the building are available to us
- Qualified first aider present
- Fully Insured Event