Home to the “The Mist Phenomenon” recently captured and seen in many news reports. The Village is not for the faint of heart. The Village is situated in the heart of Mansfield in the county of Nottinghamshire.
Your ghost hunt at The Village will see you exploring all areas of the building made available to us, where you will be able to experience glass divination, table tipping and a group human pendulum experiment. Plus, for those comfortable enough – Ouija boards will also be on hand for you to use – all to aid your communication with the dead. Also, you will have a whole host of the most up-to-date ghost hunting gadgets to use whilst you carry out your ghost hunt. Taking part in spirit call-outs and wait to see what happens in the silence that follows. Haunted Houses likes to work in small teams to give you the very best experience possible. For the very brave lone vigils (ghost hunting in a room all alone) are very popular and plenty of opportunities to do so will be given.
About your ghost hunt:
- Ghost hunting in small, personal groups
- An introduction to ghost hunting techniques and equipment
- Psychic and scientific experiments throughout the night
- A Psychic medium on hand to give guidance on most ghost hunts when available
- Lone vigils in the dark for the very brave
- Full use of our equipment
- A friendly, energetic and professional team delivering an amazing experience
- Unlimited hot and cold drinks, crisps and biscuits
- This location has no sleeping facilities.
- The team will provide all refreshments throughout the night inclusive
- This location has onsite parking
- This location is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues
- All attendees must be 18 years or older
- Not suitable for pregnant ladies
- Guests are to bring any personal snacks, medications as per required
- This is a very dark location, all attendees must bring a torch with them
- All attendees are expected to wear sensible shoes and warm layered clothing
The village is a foreboding stone building which is simply perfect for those who have an interest in stone tape theories, reported sightings are a plenty with spectral beings said to haunt this former place of work, many of which are said to be children.
The Village has given rise to many ghostly reports, from full-bodied apparitions, a piano seemingly plays on its own, objects are known to be thrown and levitate mid-air, and putrid smells have been documented to just come and go.
Built in 1787, This Grade 1 listed building began its bloody life as a slaughterhouse, where animals were put through torment on a daily basis to meet a gruesome end. It was eventually converted into a malt house by Mr William Brodhurst in the 1800’s, which may explain why the disembodied sounds of children are heard to come from empty rooms. Did these poor mites work hereunder heavy child labour during the tiresome Victorian period? The Village then ceased to operate as a malt house in the mid 1970’s. The building stood abandoned for over a decade until re-opening as The Village nightclub in the 1980’s – then in 2015 it opened its doors to ghost hunters!