Steelhouse Lane Lock up has a dark and oppressive feeling as soon as you enter. The further you get into the prison, the atmosphere gets deeper and darker and more foreboding making this location a challenge for any experienced ghost hunter to stay within the walls for the night.
Steelhouse Lane is one of the oldest lockups in the country. The interior is Victorian and basic and maintains many of it’s original features. The prison has stood here for over 120 years and was once the most feared places in Birmingham’s slums. In the basement there is a tunnel which connects the prison to the nearby Victorian Court House.
Steelhouse Lane Lockup has housed many famous names.
Terrifying screams are heard from the prison cells and the sounds of boots can be heard walking within certain cells. Doors slamming shut, disembodied voices, and full apparitions are common occurrence at the prison. Shadows are seen walking outside the cells and there are even reports of just the lower half of a person seen walking around the prison.
This is one very formidable location for a ghost hunt…. will you join us?
- Work in smaller and more personal groups
- Take part in a variety of activities such as Ouija boards, table tipping, glass divination, seances and more
- Access to ghost hunting equipment such as K-II, trigger objects, EDI meter, ghost meters
- Opportunities to conduct lone vigils for those feeling brave
- A very friendly and experienced team of investigators providing help and advice throughout the night
- Hot and cold drinks and light snacks provided throughout the night and included in the cost
- Access to all areas of the building are available to us
- Qualified first aider present
- Fully Insured Event