Stanley Palace is a grade two listed building located in Chester, Cheshire the house was built in 1591 on the site of a former Friary. it was built as a town house for a local lawyer and member of parliament. in 1621 the house was inherited by the owners daughter, she married Sir Thomas Stanley who gave his name to the house.
Part of the house was demolished and the southwest wing was rebuilt in the early 18th century. The house ceased as a mansion and by the early 19th century it had been divided in to two apartments and the condition of the building was deteriorating. in 1865 the building was bought by Chester Archeological society and in the 1870s housed a boys school.
The building was was sold in 1889 and in the early 1920s contained a museum. In 1928 the building was given to Chester corporation and in 1935 the north wing was rebuilt.
Its not surprising that paranormal activity is a regular occurrence here with so much history contained within the buildings walls. Full apparitions have been witnessed here especially in the hallway and on the staircase, disembodied voices, loud footsteps, people being touched by unseen hands has all been witnessed by visitors and staff.
Join us at a new location for 2020 as we unlock the secrets of Stanley Palace.
- A guided tour of the building with the lights on by a member of the ‘friends of the winter gardens’ team
- Work in smaller and more personal groups
- Take part in a variety of activities such as glass divination, table tipping, séances and Ouija boards
- Use of ghost hunting equipment such as K-II, EDI+ meter, trigger objects and ghost meters, REM Pods and more
- Tea, Coffee, Juices and light snacks will be available throughout the night and included in the cost
- Qualified first aider present
- Fully Insured event