The Skirrid Inn is over 900 years old and dates back to Norman times and has served many different purposes. It is steeped in legends and built high on a mountain in the Brecon Beacons. You would be hard pressed to find another Inn with such character, legend, history and most importantly, Ghosts. The Skirrid Inn is claimed to be the oldest pub in Wales.
The first floor of the Inn was once used as a court room where people were sentenced to death, held in a small room and then hung from a beam over the tall, spiraling staircase. Legend has it that more than 180 people were convicted of crimes including sheep stealing and sentenced to death at the Skirrid Inn.
The Inn has a reputation for being haunted by several spirits and ghosts and is said to be the scene of many supernatural occurrences or paranormal activity. The Inn has been featured on many TV programmes.
Visitors and paranormal investigators alike have reported glasses flying across the bar area, strange smells of perfumes, faces appearing in windows, icy cold rooms, the intense feeling of being watched and more frightening than anything, people have reported feeling a noose around their necks which on some have left red marks on their necks.
Which spirits will you encounter as you enter the Skirrid Inn for a night never to be forgotten.
- Work in smaller and more personal groups
- Take part in a variety of activities including Ouija Boards, Table Tipping, Glass Divination, Seances etc.
- Access to ghost hunting equipment such as K-II, EDI+ Meters, Ghost Meters, Trigger Objects and more
- Opportunities to conduct lone vigils for those feeling brave
- A friendly and experienced team of investigators offering advice and support throughout the night
- Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night and included in the cost
- Qualified first aider present
- Access to all areas of the Inn made available to us