No products in the basket.
Join us as we visit Peterborough’s most haunted building….Its museum!
The building dates back to 1816 built upon the cellars of a 16th century dwelling where it began life as a Georgian town house until 1856. The mansion then became the city’s first hospital, The Peterborough Infirmary, from 1857 until 1928 housing many patients and almost certainly witnessing many deaths! Situated in Priest gate where recently the Vaults and Cellars from the previous building have been opened to the public, the building has sat as the Peterborough Museum since 1931 until now!
It is said that the museum houses as many as eight permanent ghostly residents and frequently produces paranormal activity.
- One of these spirits is said to be the ghost of a young soldier of the First World War often sighted as a dark grey figure roaming the museum, badly injured in battle and treated at the infirmary which is now the museum where he sadly died.
- He is believed to be the figure responsible for the frequent cold spots experienced around the museum and is also thought to be the owner of cold unseen hands that are felt touching visitors to the museums faces!
- Or how about a vigil in the cellar vaults where doors are slammed frequently and items are thrown at guests and visitors!
- Will we find the little girl who is said to haunt the Geology area of the museum.
- Or the Roman soldier who is often seen in the Archaeology area, a malevolent entity said to cause feelings of being watched.
- Or perhaps we might see the Georgian lady said to appear on the main staircase!
Dare you come along and see for yourself?!
A full paranormal investigation which will include:
Exclusive access to the venue after opening hours.
Full access and use of our ghost hunting equipment.
Be as involved as you like with a friendly team, we thrive off involving our guests making you a part of our team.
Experience our Psychic Mediums and work alongside them, uncovering the secrets of the location.
Tea, coffee and refreshments will be available from our tuck shop throughout the evening.
As the event finishes in the early hours, we recommend staying over especially if you’re travelling far! Click the link below to check availability…