No products in the basket.
Want to Investigate the UK's Most Haunted locations?
Join other members of the public and have the experience of your lives with a ghost hunt! Locations available near you!
A night of ghost hunting at the elegant Pen-Y-Lan Hall in Ruabon, Wrexham is a must for all ghost hunt lovers. A very unique and fascinating ghost hunting location – this property is still lived in and is a family home to the Holloway’s. Pen-Y-Lan is unlike any other ghost hunt location in the UK, it certainly is an experience like no other.
With many areas to investigate, which include a very large and creepy cellar, grand hallway, dining room, drawing room, two large bedrooms & servants quarters/bedrooms in the attic plus outbuildings (hayloft, stables, barns) there is plenty to explore.
Built in 1690 by one of the founders of Lloyds bank, Samson Lloyd, its ownership passed to the Holloway family in 1849 to whom it still belongs. Samson Lloyd was a Quaker who fled Wales due to persecution in 1689; he built his home before founding Lloyds bank in 1765. The stately home retains many of its original features and also the outbuildings. This beautiful Tudor-Gothic building will not disappoint. Both the hall and grounds are known to be very active.
There are many reporting’s of spirit activity within the hall and the grounds. Footsteps and voices can be heard from the many empty rooms and hallways. There are reports of spirit children within the hall and music can be heard playing.
Shadow figures are often seen drifting around the building late at night. Will you be one of the lucky ones, depending on your viewpoint, who gets to see the full body apparitions of the people who once resided here? People have also often reported being touched by an unseen presence, so it may not be another guest that is holding your hand!!
As you enter the impressive cellar you may want to keep your wits about you, it is claimed to have once held prisoners and their screams can be heard to this very day. You may also hear the sound of a baby crying, forever searching for its mother who was perhaps torn away from her child within the long dark tunnels.
– Work in small and personal groups
– Take part in activities such as glass divination, ouija boards and table tipping
– Full use of our ghost hunting equipment such as EMF devices, EVP recorders and Spirit Boxes
– The chance to conduct a lone vigil for the very brave
– Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night included in the cost
– A friendly and experienced team of Investigators and mediums giving help and guidance
– Qualified first aider present on a fully insured event
– Access to all areas of the building made available to us
North Wales, North West, South Wales, West Midlands