It’s very rare that the team get too over excited by a location to investigate that we can’t sit still, but on this occasion we have found one! HLI events are extremely delighted to be sharing this fantastic opportunity to investigate this amazing, historic, and reportedly highly active location. Renowned as being one of the most haunted sites in England, Oxford Castle was Built in 1071, and was in existence as a prison up until as recently as 1996. The last public hanging at the prison was in 1863 and the last hanging within the prison walls was in 1952. Multiple reports of alleged ghostly activity have been reported, such as the ghostly figure of a woman who is believed to have been hanged in the 18th century, two sinister shadow figures dressed in black, the sound of loud footsteps along the prison wing corridor, as well as the sound of banging from the padded cell room. For any avid paranormal investigator, this location would certainly be near the top of the list to investigate, so why not join us and attempt to uncover the dark secrets that lie within its walls.
As a paranormal group, we prefer to limit the more specific historic details we provide, meaning that each of our guests approach the evening with an open mind and can unravel any associated history as we go through the night. We find that any evidence we do capture, specifically that of any names of previous residents for example, will provide further legitimacy to your experience. Although for those that prefer, a full history of the Castle & Prison can be found on the venues website.
Please come and join our paranormal investigation, one which will almost certainly be a night to remember. You can make full use of all of the latest investigative equipment that we have to offer. Further details on what we provide can be found in the “What’s included on this event?” section below.
When the lights go out, will the dark secrets of the location unearth themselves? Join us for this unique opportunity and find out. It’s the time for you to become a real-life ghost hunter.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon.
What’s included on this event?
- A brief introduction from us, followed by a lights on walk of the venue to familiarise yourself with any areas of interest for the night
- Ghost hunting vigils and séances in small groups
- For our guests who are feeling extra brave – lone vigils, with access to a night vision 4k camcorder to capture your experience
- Experiments that include glass divination, Ouija boards and table tipping
- Free time in the later part of the evening to conduct your own further investigation of the venue, with the opportunity to use our large collection of ghost hunting equipment
- Full access to an array of the latest paranormal equipment, such as K2 meters, EVP playback recorders, P-SB7 spirit box, temperature fluctuation sensors and motion sensor alarms, to name a few
- Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks provided throughout the night
- Please note that all of events are suitable for persons aged 18+ only
- All our events are ticketless. We will hold your details and just require a booking name on arrival
- Car parking can be found at Westgate Shopping Centre, Oxpens, Worcester Street and Gloucester Green and are all a short walking distance from Oxford Castle & Prison.
- Please aim to arrive at the event 15 minutes prior to the advertised start time
- Torches and investigative equipment are available for use on the night, however, please feel free to bring your own if you’d prefer
- Due to the age of some of our venues and the time of night we will be investigating, please remember to pre-empt cooler temperatures and wrap up warm and comfortably
- Any individual we suspect to be under the influence of alcohol, or who may have consumed alcohol during an event, will be politely asked to leave the venue
- These events are not recommended for persons with a known heart condition, anyone with severe disabilities, persons with mobility issues, or heavily pregnant women