History & Haunting
This former cinema in Mapperley first opened its doors in 1929 and remained open as a cinema until 1957.
After closing its doors as a cinema, the building became a furniture store for many years until that then closed down in 2012, after which the building is thought to have been abandoned.
The building is now home to the Haunted Museum and houses many reputed haunted objects including dolls, skeletons and much more.
There are countless reports of a full apparition appearing in exactly the same location at different times of the day along with sightings of a dark figure lurking in various areas of the building. Shadows and faces have been witnessed peering around corners and then suddenly vanishing.
A former worker is regularly seen leaving the ticket booth and then vanishing into thin air. Objects get thrown, things move on their own, heavy footsteps and disembodied voices are regularly heard all over the old cinema.
With the added bonus of this building containing so many haunted objects, we are sure this will be one ghost you won’t forget in a hurry.
- Work in smaller and more personal groups
- Take part in a variety of activities such as Ouija Boards, Table Tipping, Glass Divination, Seances and more
- Access to ghost hunting equipment such as K-II, trigger objects, ghost meters, EDI’s etc.
- Opportunities to conduct lone vigils for those feeling brave
- A friendly and experienced team of investigators offering help and advice throughout the night
- Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night and included in the cost
- Qualified first aider present