No products in the basket.
The Old House Ghost Hunt, Coalville, Leicestershire – Saturday 3rd June 2017
Location: The Old House, King Edward Vll Science & Sport College, Warren Hills Road, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 4UW
Date: Saturday 3rd June 2017
Time: 10.00pm – 3.00am
4 in stock
This ghost Hunt at The Old House in Coalville is not for the faint-hearted as this creepy old building certainly lives up to its name. Situated in the town of Coalville, Leicestershire The Old House dates back to medieval times. It is cloaked in mystery and has a dark history of suicide, multiple murders and a terrifying discovery of buried remains. This is a location that we cannot wait to return to for an overnight ghost hunt.
Tales of treachery, murder and suicide never leave this old building as a previous resident allegedly murdered his wife, children and mistress in a bloody rage. A disturbed and tormented woman is also said to have ended her own life here, hanging herself in the attic area in the dead of night.
Your Ghost Hunt at The Old House
Ghost hunt at The Old House in Coalville, a location with a dark and daunting past, a history of suicide, murder and buried remains. Join the team for an overnight ghost hunt at this hidden gem in the medieval town of Coalville in Haunted Leicestershire.
During an overnight ghost hunt investigation at The Old House you may be able to uncover some of the mysteries that surround this haunted location using your own investigative techniques and working with the Spooky Nights Ghost Hunting Team to collate evidence of something amazing.
There is a Chapel that has a cold and eerie feeling to it even during the daytime which has been picked up on by many, many visitors. The hallway is said to be particularly active and people have found themselves scurrying to get through it quickly. When it is dark people who have dared to venture into The Old House and have been met with spine chilling screams resonating from the empty rooms, could these be the echos from times past? .
Ghosts of The Old House
There is a Chapel that has a cold and eerie feeling to it even during the daytime which has been picked up on by many, many visitors. The main hall way and adjoining staircase are said to be particularly active with full apparitions being seen, footsteps have been heard from the empty upper floors whilst unexplained lights voices and noticeable temperature drops have been experienced in the cellars.
For those who dare to enter this terrifying location where the dark rooms, foreboding Cellars and halls await, be prepared for anything as Haunted Happenings attempt to awaken the spirits who hold the keys to the secrets of The Old House.
There are rumours that several visitors to The Old House were never seen or heard of again, adding to the belief that bodies are buried under the main room of this creepy house. Deep in the cellars a ghostly sighting of a dog has been reported along with several accounts of a poltergeist presence which makes itself known by throwing stones and moving objects. The ghostly figure of a man is seen wandering aimlessly around the dark foreboding rooms and a great sense of loss overwhelms anyone who glimpses this forlorn character.
The History of The Old House
The Old House is a Medieval Manor House, believed to date back to 1280. From the style of the architecture of the parts of the building and from tree-ring dating of some of the timbers still present, the present house at Donington was probably built between 1288 and 1295.
Some of the features of the house along with tree-ring dating of the timbers in the roof show that the Manor House was heavily modernised around 1618. It appears that at this time, the downstairs storerooms were converted into a kitchen and a parlour. A new roof was put on and the rooms upstairs were remodelled with a new internal staircase. Externally, the most obvious addition from this period are the large rectangular mullioned windows.
From 1670 to 1960, the house was rented out as a tenant farm and Leicestershire County Council bought the Manor House in 1965 to preserve the building for future generations. The Manor House was opened as a museum in 1973.
Ghost hunting vigils and séances in small groups
Workshop/separate vigils for returning guests
Experiments including glass divination, table tipping and Ouija Boards
Use of ghost hunting equipment including EMF Meters, K2 Meters etc
Refreshments and light snacks included such as teas and coffees
Not suitable for people with mobility issues or walking difficulties
Parking is on site and free