Your Ghost Hunt at Mill Street Barracks will whisk you away to a world of British military history.
On entering this large location, it will be clear to you that it still maintains a strong navy connection – for this is a training center for the St. Heles Sea cadets. But do not be fooled by your cheery first impressions, Haunted Houses Events considers this very building to be one of the most active buildings we have visited which has left our guests huddled together in fear!
Your ghost hunt at Mill Street Barracks will see you exploring all areas of the building made available to us, where you will be able to experience glass divination, table tipping and a group human pendulum experiment. Plus, for those comfortable enough – Ouija boards will also be on hand for you to use – all to aid your communication with the dead. Also, you will have a whole host of the most up-to-date ghost hunting gadgets to use whilst you carry out your ghost hunt. Taking part in spirit call-outs and wait to see what happens in the silence that follows. Haunted Houses likes to work in small teams to give you the very best experience possible. For the very brave lone vigils (ghost hunting in a room all alone) are very popular and plenty of opportunities to do so will be given.
The Reported Haunting
Your visit to Mill Street Barracks visit may give you strange whistles coming out of the darkness, taps and bangs in many areas from unknown sources, and an uneasy feeling felt in the cellar with icy blasts blowing across you.
The Spirit of a former soldier called James, has been known to take a fancy to the ladies, but in quite a cruel way! For her likes to touch and plagiarise woman who are attractive to him and push away and try to scare those he considers to be less attractive.
His reaction to other men is as if he believes himself to be above them, ignoring them to only react to woman investigators. The Spirit of a tea lady with trolley is seen in the Drill Hall, standing in the corner without moving. The spirit of a three-legged dog has been reported here too. His growls are quite prominent against a silent room.
A Sinister dark shadow has been seen moving around in the creepy cellar below ground, with lots of taps, bangs heard, plus this spectre is known to interact with ghost hunters in a strong way, often resulting in people freezing in terror! When a recording of an air raid siren is played through this building, or wartime songs – it is said to stir up a hive of ghostly activity. Will you be the one to press play?
The Brief History
Mill Street Barracks is British War history, once acting as the many branches of the armed forces through many wars and battles. In 1890, the building was listed as the Headquarters of the 2nd Volunteer South Lancashire Regiment, and during both World Wars the building was used not only as a RAF barracks but also for the housing of wounded soldiers.
With its past being set in the darkest days of British History, there was no doubt it would leave its mark on the building. There have been many reports of sightings of ghosts, strange sounds, poltergeist activity and much more!
About this ghost hunt:
- Ghost hunting in small, personal groups
- An introduction to ghost hunting techniques and equipment
- Psychic and scientific experiments throughout the night
- A Psychic medium on hand to give guidance on most ghost hunts when available
- Lone vigils in the dark for the very brave
- Full use of our equipment
- A friendly, energetic and professional team delivering an amazing experience
- This location has no sleeping facilities
- Haunted Houses Events will provide all refreshments throughout the night inclusive
- This location has limited street parking and a small nearby car park (Fee may apply)
- This location is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues
- All attendees must be 18 years or older
- Not suitable for pregnant ladies
- Guests are to bring any personal snacks and medications
- This is a very dark location; all attendees must bring a torch with them
- All attendees are expected to wear sensible shoes and warm layered clothing