Are you ready for a Halloween ghost hunt and sleepover at Kielder Castle? Situated in Kielder Forest Park – known to be the darkest location in Great Britain, remote and deadly silent, this place ticks all the boxes for a night of ghost hunting adventure with Haunted Houses events.
Your ghost hunt at Kielder Castle will see you exploring all areas of the building made available to us, where you will be able to experience glass divination, table tipping and a group human pendulum experiment. Plus, for those comfortable enough – Ouija boards will also be on hand for you to use – all to aid your communication with the dead. Also, you will have a whole host of the most up-to-date ghost hunting gadgets to use whilst you carry out your ghost hunt. Taking part in spirit call-outs and wait to see what happens in the silence that follows. Haunted Houses likes to work in small teams to give you the very best experience possible. For the very brave lone vigils (ghost hunting in a room all alone) are very popular and plenty of opportunities to do so will be given. Followed bt a Haunted sleepover for the very brave.
About this ghost hunt:
- Ghost hunting in small, personal groups
- An introduction to ghost hunting techniques and equipment
- Psychic and scientific experiments throughout the night
- A Psychic medium on hand to give guidance on most ghost hunts when available
- Lone vigils in the dark for the very brave
- Full use of our equipment
- A friendly, energetic and professional team delivering an amazing experience
- Unlimited Refreshments throughout the night .
- This location has no sleeping facilities, you are required to bring your own camp beds and sleeping bags/pillows
- Haunted Houses Events will provide all refreshments throughout the night inclusive
- This location has no shower facilities. Hand basins only
- This location has FREE onsite parking
- This location is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues
- All attendees must be 18 years or older
- Not suitable for pregnant ladies
- Guests are to bring any personal snacks, medications and wash items as per required
- This is a very dark location; all attendees must bring a torch with them
- All attendees are expected to wear sensible shoes and warm layered clothing
The Reported Ghosts
There are many reported claims of the paranormal at Kielder Castle. Will you hear the ghostly voices calling out to you from the past! Perhaps the Victorian lady will unveil her secrets to you or perhaps you will feel the emotions of the poor servant girl suffering from heart break.
There are apparitions reported throughout the building including a man on a horse and the poor soul who was killed in a hunting accident. Will the sounds of running that are often heard be actual guests instead of spirit!
There have been reports of a malevolent male said to haunt the castle; will you discover who he is and why he is so tormented! Could he be the one who has been known to throw objects?
In the deep dark depths of the Northumberland forest lies the imposing Kielder Castle. Built in 1775 for the 1st duke of Northumberland this former hunting lodge is opening its doors so that Haunted Houses can unveil its secrets.
The land that Kielder castle sits upon is steeped in history. Not only is it built on an ancient burial site that dates back to 3000BC but it is also on land that suffered in the border wars and is also known to have been used for smuggling.
The magnificent hunting lodge that stands on the site today was built by architect William Newton for Hugh, the 1st duke of Northumberland. It was later rebuilt in the mid-19th century but was very rarely used, so in the 1930’s it was sold to the forestry commission and it was used as a working men’s club for the foresters. In the 1980’s it became the visitor’s centre that you see today.