History and Haunting
Guys Cliffe House was built in Saxon times and is named after the legendary Guy of Warwick. Guy is said to have retired to this site and it is this legend that led to the founding of a chantry. The chantry was established as the chapel of St Mary Magdalene in 1423 and the stables and store houses which are craved into the rock remain there to this day.
The house that stands there today dates from 1751 and the estate always comprised of a mill, stables, kitchen graden and acres of land. Used as a hospital in world war one and in world war two it became a school for evacuated children.
Situated in a remote location which feels completely isolated form the outside world, the location has many areas to investigate with cellars, caves masonic chapel, the ruins of the house and secret under ground chambers.
Many guests report felling extremely uneasy in many areas of the location, with accounts of strange swirling lights and mists along with the sound of stones being thrown. Countless numbers of guests refuse to enter the butchers parlor where dark shadows, heavy footsteps and even full apparitions are witnessed. Poltergeist activity is also very common here.
Dragging noises, banging footsteps, lights, tall dark hooded figures and screams are often heard and felt at Guys Cliffe House.
* Work in smaller and more personal groups
* Take part in a variety of activities such as Glass Divination, Table Tipping, Ouija boards, Seances etc.
* Access to ghost hunting equipment such as K-II meters, EDI+ meters, Ghost Meters, Trigger Objects etc.
* Opportunities to conduct lone vigils
* A friendly and experienced team of investigators offering advice and support throughout the night
* Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night and included in the cost
* Access to all areas of the hall made available to us
* Qualified first aider present