Spend the evening inside this hidden gem situated in Warwick, This vast location is steeped in untold history riffed in myths and legends and a vast location on any ghost hunters bucket list. Ghostly apparitions of a young lady have seen leaping to her death from the balcony to the rear property. Screams have been heard in the distance, heavy furniture has been heard being dragged across upper floors that no longer exist. Are you ready to unlock the gates and be part of this Ghost hunt at Guys Cliffe Warwick ?
The Hauntings at Guys Cliffe
Guys Cliffe is home to many spirits, The Coach house at this location is home to young young stable boy many believe his name is Jacob, jacob is a very mischievous spirit he will make himself known to many by knocking underneath the old floor, dark shadows can be seen, and the door opening and closing on command. The wine cellar is a very daunting area, set underground beneath the courtyard many believe this area is haunted by a young woman who was killed here. The basement hall many children spirits will make themselves known as they do love to touch all the trigger objects. The Chapels and board rooms can have a very dark and suppressive feel to them along with the cloisters cave and Guys cave. Join the team as we invite you to be part of this itense paranormal investigation.
The History Of Guys Cliffe Warwick
Guy’s Cliffe has been occupied since Saxon times and derives its name from the legendary Guy of Warwick. Guy is supposed to have retired to a hermitage on this site, this legend led to the founding of a chantry. The chantry was established in 1423 as the Chapel of St Mary Magdalene and the rock-carved stables and storehouses still remain. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIII the site passed into private hands.
The current, ruined house dates from 1751 and was started by Samuel Greatheed, a West India merchant and Member of Parliament for Coventry 1747-1761.
The estate also comprised a mill, stables, kitchen garden and land as far as Blacklow Hill.
The house was used as a hospital during World War I and in the World War II became a school for evacuated children. Guy’s Cliffe estate was broken up and sold in 1947. In 1952 the mill became a pub and restaurant and was named The Saxon Mill, the stables became a riding school, the kitchen garden became a nursery, all of which still exist today. A toll house also stood by the road to the north of the Saxon Mill, but this was demolished in the mid 20th century.
The new owner of the house intended to convert it into a hotel, but these plans came to nothing and the house fell into disrepair. In 1955 the house was purchased by Aldwyn Porter and the chapel leased to the Freemasons, establishing a connection with the Masons that remains today. The roof had fallen in by 1966. In 1992 during the filming of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes a fire scene got out of control and seriously damaged the building, leading to an insurance claim. English Heritage has given the building grade II listed status.
THIS EVENT INCLUDES
A guided partial history tour of all the areas, Working in small groups, participating in Ouija/spirit board sessions, Evp Sessions, Table tipping, seances and many other different techniques. Tea/coffee and light snacks. Please remember to bring your torch as this location has caves and underground chambers. Please remember to wear suitable footwear as this location has a lot of stairs and very uneven floors.
This Location is not suitable for people with walking and mobility issues.
OVER 18’s ONLY