Gresley Old Hall was built in the 16th Century and stands on the site of an old priory which dates back to the 1100’s and has been used for many different purposes in it’s life and now stands as one of the UK’s most haunted locations.
The hall as it stands now was built in 1734 which replaced the original hall which was constructed in 1556. The hall has many different floors some of which have not been touched since the 19th century including the vast attic spaces where Victorian graffiti can still be found on the walls.
The most recent use of the hall was as a miners welfare after the coal board purchased the hall in 1953 and opened to the miners in 1964.
This is a great location for a paranormal investigation due to its diverse and intriguing past.
Visitors have reported seeing the apparition of a maid who was said to have been burned to death by a fire. Workers and visitors have reported hearing noises including heavy footsteps, banging, disembodied voices coming from empty rooms. People have spoken about having their hair pulled and being touched by unseen hands.
The middle floor has six creepy and haunted rooms to investigate during the night.
There are reports of paranormal activity in all rooms at this location which is what makes it an amazing and spooky location for a ghost hunt.
* Work in smaller and more personal groups
* Take part in a variety of activities such as Ouija Boards, Glass Divination, Table Tipping, Seances etc.
* Access to ghost hunting equipment such as K-II meters, EDI+ meters, Ghost Meters, Trigger Objects etc.
* Opportunities to conduct lone vigils
* A friendly and experienced team of investigators offering advice and support throughout the night
* Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night and included in the cost
* Access to all areas of the hall made available to us
* Qualified first aider present