No products in the basket.
The Galleries of Justice are housed in a Shire Hall, which stands in the Lace Market area of Nottingham.
The earliest confirmed use of the site for official purposes was by the Normans, who appointed sheriffs to keep the peace and collect taxes; hence the site was also referred to as the Sheriff’s Hall, the County Hall or the Kings Hall.
The first written record of the site being used as a law court dates from 1375. The first written reference to its use as a prison is in 1449.
Ghosts of Galleries of Justice
The Galleries of Justice is an ominous place, that holds the reminiscent of its gruesome past. Men, women, and children were sentenced and hanged here for crimes as small as theft. Many undeserving people lost their lives here, young and old, and it’s no surprise that some have decided to stick around!
Join us for a full night of investigation at one of Nottingham’s most haunted locations!
Want to Stay Nearby?
>>> CLICK HERE for nearby hotels <<<