No products in the basket.
Ghost hunting at the elegant Pen-Y-Lan Hall is a truly unique and fascinating ghost hunting experience – unlike other locations, Pen-y-Lan Hall is lived in and is still a family home. No other ghost hunt location can compare.
Within this gothic country house you can investigate areas which include a very large and creepy cellar, grand hallway, dining room, drawing room, two large bedrooms & the servants quarters/bedrooms in the attic, plus outbuildings (hayloft, stables, barns) at Pen-Y-Lan Hall there is plenty of this private house to explore.
Your ghost hunt at Ghost Hunt at Pen-y-Lan Hall will see you exploring all areas of the building made available to us, where you will be able to experience glass divination, table tipping and a group human pendulum experiment. Plus, for those comfortable enough – Ouija boards will also be on hand for you to use – all to aid your communication with the dead. Also, you will have a whole host of the most up-to-date ghost hunting gadgets to use whilst you carry out your ghost hunt. Taking part in spirit call-outs and wait to see what happens in the silence that follows. Haunted Houses likes to work in small teams to give you the very best experience possible. For the very brave lone vigils (ghost hunting in a room all alone) are very popular and plenty of opportunities to do so will be given.
The Reported Haunting
There are many reporting’s of spirit activity within the hall and the grounds. Footsteps and voices can be heard from the many empty rooms and hallways. There are reports of spirit children within the hall and music can be heard playing.
Shadow figures are often seen drifting around the building late at night. Will you be one of the lucky ones, depending on your viewpoint, who gets to see the full body apparitions of the people who once resided here? People have also often reported being touched or grabbed by an unseen presence, so it may not be another guest that is holding your hand!!
As you enter the impressive cellar you may want to keep your wits about you, it is claimed to have once held prisoners and their screams can be heard to this very day. You may also hear the sound of a baby crying, forever searching for its mother who was perhaps torn away from her child within the long dark tunnels.
The Brief History
Built in 1690 by one of the founders of Lloyds bank, Samson Lloyd, its ownership passed to the Holloway family in 1849 to whom it still belongs. Samson Lloyd was a Quaker who fled Wales due to persecution in 1689; he built his home before founding Lloyds bank in 1765.
The stately home retains many of its original features and also the outbuildings. This beautiful Tudor-Gothic building will not disappoint. Both the hall and grounds are known to be very active.
About this ghost hunt:
- Ghost hunting in small, personal group
- An introduction to ghost hunting techniques and equipment
- Psychic and scientific experiments throughout the night
- A Psychic medium on hand to give guidance on most ghost hunts when available
- Lone vigils in the dark for the very brave
- Full use of our equipment
- A friendly, energetic and professional team delivering an amazing experience
- Unlimited Refreshments throughout the night
- This location has no sleeping facilities
- Haunted Houses Events will provide all refreshments throughout the night inclusive
- This location has FREE Private parking
- This location is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues
- All attendees must be 18 years or older
- Not suitable for pregnant ladies
- Guests are to bring any personal snacks, medications as per required
- No photography or videoing is permitted at this location due to it being a private residence
- This is a very dark location; all attendees must bring a torch with them
- All attendees are expected to wear sensible shoes and warm layered clothing