No products in the basket.
Want to Investigate the UK's Most Haunted locations?
Join other members of the public and have the experience of your lives with a ghost hunt! Locations available near you!
The Old Victorian School is situated in Long Eaton, Nottingham. Long Eaton itself has a history that goes back earlier than the 7th Century and there have been dwellings on the site of the school for Centuries. There is a sense of foreboding which can be felt within the building and people have reported hearing cracking noises (similar to that of a cane being administered) and seeing a figure pass across the doorway from within the empty room. Extreme drops in temperature, strange floating lights and even whispering voices have been reported and we defy anybody to spend time alone in the long, dark corridor without the feeling of being watched. The ghost hunts that have taken place here over the years have given us an overwhelming amount of evidence that this old school is really haunted. There is a malevolent and oppressive atmosphere here which can make it a very scary place to be.
Reports of objects being moved, bangs on tables and even a sinister figure that moves along the main corridor this is what awaits you on an overnight ghost hunt at The Old Victorian School in Nottingham. Members of staff report being watched from around corners and things regularly go missing, only to turn up in a completely different area. Join Haunted Happenings for a ghost hunt at the Old Victorian School and see why this very haunted school deserves its reputation as a frightening place for overnight ghost hunts.
The calm and unassuming appearance of the Old Victorian School in Nottingham hides a sinister and oppressive atmosphere within. Intense Paranormal activity has been experienced here and has left some people absolutely terrified and too afraid to continue.
This former Victorian school was built in the late 1800s, probably to educate the children of families who worked in the local Lace Mills and is now used as a conference centre. It still houses its original haunted classrooms and there have been numerous reports of sightings and experiences by staff here even during the daytime. People have reported hearing noises from empty rooms and even seeing shadowy figures in the long corridor. It is thought that an old “Dame School” existed in Long Eaton prior to 1826, in which year the old village school was built in the Market Place at a cost of £250. This building was adequate until the National School was built on the corner of Claye Street. This opened in 1862.
The original village school was a small, two roomed building built of brick with a tiled roof and was a Church of England School, supported by voluntary contributions. The new National School was built on land given by Mr S. J. Claye of the Wagon Works. It was not many years afterwards that the Long Eaton School Board was set up under the Education Act of 1870. The board was confronted with the task of making immediate provision for a great number of children who were not attending any school whatsoever. In 1876 the High Street School was built with three separate departments. One for boys, another for girls and one for infants. It was built to cater for 600 children, but owing to the rapidly rising population it was soon too small and others followed quickly.
The High Street School was the first council school in the town. The first headmaster and headmistress of this school were Mr and Mrs J. W. Chambers, and when the Tamworth Road Schools were built they were appointed as the new head teachers there. Before long, the High Street School became overcrowded, and it was only six years after its opening that additional accommodation had to be found for children at the Bourne Church Sunday School. This temporary accommodation was provided until the year 1886, when the Derby Road School was built. This also catered for boys, girls and infants in separate departments. In 1901, the boy’s department were brought from a block of classrooms facing Stanhope Street, and the building which had until then contained three departments was converted for the use of girls and infants.
The boys were housed in a new building with swimming baths and rooms above in 1920 and the cookery centre which had existed there was dispensed with.