The National Maritime Museum was originally formed in 1937 by Parliament and was opened to the public in April 1937 by King George VI. The museum includes the Queen’s House, and from the 1950’s, the Greenwich Royal Observatory.
The museum buildings were originally built to house the children of seafarers in 1807. The museum now has a vast collection of memorabilia and exhibitions from the history of man’s association with the sea.
Ghosts at the National Maritime Museum
Perhaps one of the most famous paranormal photographs ever taken was here at the museum. It was taken by the Rev. and Mrs Hardy from Canada in 1966. It was of the shrouded figure ascending the Tulip Staircase.
The museum also plays host to another ghost known as the White Lady. She has been seen walking near Blackheath Avenue dressed in period clothes. Staff have also heard metal pans banging and being moved around in the Tea Rooms when nobody was there.