No products in the basket.
Want to Investigate the UK's Most Haunted locations?
Join other members of the public and have the experience of your lives with a ghost hunt! Locations available near you!
Book an evening of ghost hunting for just £25 at Gresley Old Hall in Derbyshire with Haunted Houses; this firm favourite and well known haunted location stands on the site of the old Gresley Priory which was built in 1135. The hall was erected in 1556 using materials from the old priory; however, the present building replaced the original timber hall in 1734. Only the stone foundations, chimneys and West Wing remain from the original hall.
In 1795 Sir Nigel Bowyer Gresley established a china factory in part of the hall’s premises and kilns were built on the grounds, however it proved to be unsuccessful. It was used to create earthenware products in 1805 and later in 1895 it became a farmhouse that was rented to a variety of families.
The current hall has an array of floors some of which have not been touched since the 19th Century. In the top most attics Victorian graffiti can still be seen on the lime wash walls; this could be one of the reasons why Gresley is haunted, as limestone is known to be a conduit for spirits.
Although the grounds have changed over the years the hall remained and was bought by the Coal Board in 1953 to make it into a Minors Welfare which opened in 1964.
The most infamous spirit of the hall is that of a maid who burnt to death in her room whilst supervising the children. Her room was bricked up after the fire. Visitors have often reported feeling their faces burning after entering this room.
In the atmospheric attic, that remains unchanged since the Victorian period, dragging sounds have often been heard and people have felt their hair being pulled.
Loud noises, banging and the door closing on the stairs have also been reported.
Enter this most Haunted House and uncover the secrets of the past on a ghost hunt experience at Gresley Old Hall.
What is Included
– Take part in activities such as glass divination, ouija boards and table tipping
– Full use of our ghost hunting equipment such as EMF devices, EVP recorders and Spirit Boxes
– The chance to conduct a lone vigil for the very brave
– Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night included in the cost
– A friendly and experienced team of Investigators and mediums giving help and guidance
– Qualified first aider present on a fully insured event
– Access to all areas of the building made available to us