No products in the basket.
Welcome to Ford Green Hall. Built in 1624, This beautiful building by day makes for an eerie experience by night, Ford Green Hall has all the right elements to not only look like, but to be a creepy old haunted house.
Your ghost hunt at Ford Green Hall will see you exploring all areas of the building made available to us, where you will be able to experience glass divination, table tipping and a group human pendulum experiment. Plus, for those comfortable enough – Ouija boards will also be on hand for you to use – all to aid your communication with the dead. Also, you will have a whole host of the most up-to-date ghost hunting gadgets to use whilst you carry out your ghost hunt. Taking part in spirit call-outs and wait to see what happens in the silence that follows. Haunted Houses likes to work in small teams to give you the very best experience possible. For the very brave lone vigils (ghost hunting in a room all alone) are very popular and plenty of opportunities to do so will be given.
A man is often seen around the hall wearing period costume and carrying a silver topped cane. Visitors have often assumed that he is an actor until other people in the group inform them that they haven’t seen him, and the staff tell them that there are no re-enactors around at that time. The man has also been seen numerous times by the past curator of the museum. Could this be the spirit of William Ford who was known to use a similar cane? Imagine the stories he could tell!
A spirit of a woman has been seen in a bedroom and it seems as though she appears through a brick wall. This wall is not an original feature and seems to be in place of a staircase. Is the lady simply a residual energy reliving her life whilst using the stairs; or is she a spirit that is waiting for the right person to tell her story too!
There is also a man who has been seen standing at the top of the attic stairs, he wears a red coat and stands with his hands on his hips. Is he simply observing his house guests or is he waiting to punish anyone who steps out of place.
The ghost of a cat is said to often appear and Haunted Houses guests themselves have encountered him, running into rooms but on searching is nowhere to be found. The buildings’ staff report heavy footsteps coming from above and spinning wheels on display have been seen to move, seemingly all by themselves. Which spirit will you encounter when you join Haunted Houses for a ghost hunt at this historic and beautiful location in Stoke on Trent.
Brief History of Ford Green Hall
Ford Green Hall is a Grade II listed building which was erected as a 17th Century timber framed yeoman farmhouse. It was built in 1624 for Hugh Ford. The Ford family lived here for 200 years; it was then divided into three areas which housed four cottages. It was during this period that the distinctive timber frame was covered in white stucco.
It is now a museum run by a charitable organisation that gives an insight into how life would have been in the 17th Century and is Stoke-on-Trent’s oldest surviving building. Although the rooms today appear to take you back in time, they are not shown how they used to be in Mr. Fords’ time. Can you reach out to spirit to uncover the true usage of these rooms?
About this ghost hunt:
- Ghost hunting in small, personal groups
- An introduction to ghost hunting techniques and equipment
- Psychic and scientific experiments throughout the night
- A Psychic medium on hand to give guidance on most ghost hunts when available
- Lone vigils in the dark for the very brave
- Full use of our equipment
- A friendly, energetic and professional team delivering an amazing experience
- Refreshments are not provided by Haunted Houses on this event, and can be purchased for a small fee from the onsite café
- This location has no sleeping facilities
- This location has a private car park to the side of the building
- This location is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues
- All attendees must be 18 years or older
- Not suitable for expecting mothers
- This is a very dark location, all attendees must bring a torch with them
- All attendees are expected to wear sensible shoes and warm layered clothing
OVER 18’S ONLY – SORRY NO PREGNANT WOMAN
THIS LOCATION IS NOT SUITABLE FOR WHEELCHAIR USERS