No products in the basket.
History & Haunting
Dudley Castle was originally built around 1071 and is recorded in the Doomsday Book of 1086. The Castle has passed through the hands of many families and has also suffered following many battles. John Dudley the man executed by Queen Mary I for plotting to bring Lady Jane Grey to the thrown in her place was presented here in 1536 during the peak of his power.
The castle took its last blow during the civil war when the royalist soldiers were defeated by Cromwell’s army.
There has been so much blood shed on this land and there are numerous stories of ghosts haunting the land and the castle.
One of the most common spirits to be seen at Dudley Castle, is that of the grey lady who is sighted walking the grounds of the castle. People also report the sounds of a cat meowing on top of the castle keep where it is believed that a local witch and her cat were thrown off to their deaths.
Rapid and extreme drops in temperature, a terrifying male spirit and even poltergeist activity are common occurrence at Dudley Castle.
The sounds of drums banging, the spirit of a young boy and many other spirits are often witnessed in certain areas of the castle.
Dudley castle is one truly amazing and scary place for a ghost hunt and is regarded as on of the most haunted places in the United Kingdom.
- Work in smaller and more personal groups
- Take part in a variety of activities including Ouija Boards, Table Tipping, Glass Divination, Seances etc.
- Access to ghost hunting equipment such as K-II, EDI+ Meters, Ghost Meters, Trigger Objects and more
- Opportunities to conduct lone vigils for those feeling brave
- A friendly and experienced team of investigators offering advice and support throughout the night
- Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night and included in the cost
- Qualified first aider present
- Access to all areas of the Inn made available to us