White Hart Hotel, Lincoln, Lincolnshire
One of the most notable spectres at the hotel has been seen on many occasions by both guests and staff – a highwayman was killed in the former stables by a coachman who thrust a torch into his face. The stables are now the Orangery restaurant, and the highwayman has been seen flitting through the restaurant on occasion hiding his face with his cloak. The restaurant is also known for being unusually cold.
Another ghost at the hotel is known as the ‘Mobcap’ girl, who was a maid at the hotel who caught the attentions of the hotel’s rat-catcher. She spurned his advances and he brutally murdered her. The girl has been seen on the first-floor landing of the hotel, cowering in the corner.
One of the rooms in the hotel was the scene of an untimely death when one of the guests committed suicide there in the 1960s. Although no spectre has been seen in the room, a feeling of sadness is often felt in the room and ghostly sobbing has been heard – with no-one there.
Staff have also reported seeing an elderly woman in period dress walking down one of the lower-floor corridors before disappearing before their eyes. In another of the lower-floor corridors, staff have reported a feeling of being followed, as well as feelings of unease, only to turn around to find no-one behind them.
A range of wedding packages are available for the ghost-hunting couple – from off-season packages for less than £3000, right through to all-inclusive wedding packages where the White Hart takes care of all of the details for you. Wedding receptions and conference facilities are also available. Situated ideally right in the heart of Lincoln, the White Hart offers a fantastic range of facilities whatever your needs
- En-suite bedrooms
- Complimentary car parking
- Free Wi-Fi in your bedroom and in the public areas of the hotel
- Shower and bath
- 20 inch or larger digital television with Freeview in every room
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Direct dial telephone
- Range of standard and king rooms
- Wedding and conference facilities
- Ideally located in the heart of Lincoln
- Single rooms available from £59 per night, based on one person staying in the room.
- Twin rooms available from £89 per night, based on two people sharing.
- Double rooms available from £99 per night, based on two people sharing.
- Executive rooms available from £110 per night, based on two people sharing.
- Suites available from £130 per night, based on two people sharing.
Full English breakfast is available for a rate of £10 per room.